Can you trace an IP from a deleted Instagram user ?

Post your general questions about IP address here.
Hello90210

Can you trace an IP from a deleted Instagram user ?

Postby Hello90210 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:03 am

I have a question about a friends situation. I think she may be overrracting but I want to ask anyways.

My friend is a teacher. She had her Instagram public and had an account, with a random display pic and not really any friends, post a comment on her picture saying "You teach my son and I'm reporting your account because it's inappropriate. I also looked up your username and found your Facebook and will report that too." She blocked him, made her account private, changed her picture and name, etc. Then he created a new account and sent her that message. Then he created another, with that message written in a picture and had it as his profile display pic and sent her the pic with that same message. She responded saying that she doesn't believe him and that she reported his account and will have his IP traced. He deleted that account as well and no one has bothered her since so she probably scared him off.

If she reported this to Instagram what will they do?

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: Can you trace an IP from a deleted Instagram user ?

Postby Chrispcritters » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

In theory Instagram likely retains all information concerning an account for some time after it is deleted. If Instagram decides that the behavior violates their terms they could shut down all accounts that were related to the abusive account. What they actually do will be determined by their policies, which I do not know.

Proxysitelist

Re: Can you trace an IP from a deleted Instagram user ?

Postby Proxysitelist » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:19 am

No, but I want to know I am searching for this and thanks for sharing this topic and information about instagram.

Return to “General IP Address Questions”