It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:52 pm 

New to this site
I've gone thru this forum and a host of others and haven't not found what I needed.

My configuration is a PC running XP, the jetpack above, I'm using a D-link interfacing with my IP and USB (YAWCAM) Camera.
It all works ok inside my network and stand alone. They will sense motion and seen me a txt msg, with pic, save the pic to file and even FTP to my website.

What I cannot do is view these streaming across the internet. I've preset this entire configuration up on my network and it wall works fine with all six cameras and can even see them on my Droid.

My set up is remote, and the Jetpack is the only via method of internet service.

I've tried both No-ip and Dyndns with no results.

Here comes the sticky point. I was advised to get Verizon to give me an "allocated routable IP address not a RFC1918 one". I have not gone back to Verizon as yet.

The IP I get is outside the RFC1918 ranges, therefore I assumed it was routable address. Am I correct?

As you can see I know little of what I'm talking about.
Any help will be appreciate.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:16 pm 

@Badshot46,
Quote:
What I cannot do is view these streaming across the internet. I've preset this entire configuration up on my network and it wall works fine with all six cameras and can even see them on my Droid.
if I understand you correctly you want to see your "configuration" remotely...right? Hm...let me think...D-Link...
'Cause I don't know what "jetpack" is I suppose it's kinda of a server that lets you access your net and view your people. Right? Also, it runs on a certain port, say xyz. If so, you can only access your server via your D-Link from the internet if you make this port known to the world (or to you only :mrgreen: ). Every computer has a standard browser port = 80 and you can always access your computer via this port. Example: htttp://myIP:80 where myIP = your ISP-given IP. As I said, 80 is the default port so you can run htttp://myIP and 80 can be omitted (e.g. http://whatismyipaddress.com:80 = http://whatismyipaddress.com).
Now, it's a bit tricky. You look for the "Standardgateway..." It's normally192.168.0.1, now you start your browser and type http://192.168.0.1 and fire...after authenticating yourself you have to navigate around and look for the menu where you can register your Jetpack-server port. Sorry here. I don't have a D-Link so I can't help you further. GOOGLE and look for yourself.
By the way: If the ISP given IP is static you have less trouble than a dynamic IP ('cause you have to memorize the IP and when it changes you have to re-memorize the new IP :twisted: ). After doing that you can "see" your XP via http://myIP:xyz
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:20 pm 

i found out today that verizon over the jetpack, its a hotspot, does not provide a public address able IP.
I have an XP pc, I have a wireless modem in it. I get to the internet via the Verizon Jetpact (hotspot). Connected via eithernet port is the Dlink. The IP camera are going wireless to the Dlink. (which has just made me think why I need the Dlink, and just wireless to my PC). I used this setup initially set everything up over an ATT DSL service, then moved it to the remote location, that I can only get 3G data from the hotspot.
I have the ports enabled.

The data you have provided is correct if I was on a router driven network.

Thanks for you input.'