It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:04 pm 

Greetings,
I am new here and hoping to find some help. (I already see some posts that I can respond to and reciprocate)

Over the past 9 months I have had an individual harassing me on Craigslist. Due to the economy I have been forced to place ads there and they have served me well.

It started with just a few emails (which I traced the IP on) and then posting slander ads against me. I got the ads remove right away and just tried to ignore the childish behavior.

But for what ever reason this person has decided to make attacking me his life project. He has managed to get software and/or scripts that flag down my ads with one click. I know this because I have paid for ad tracking service. It shows me his IP and date and time stamp of ad views as well as which ad and so on. It all lines up with the time stamp of the flagged ad notice.

I know who it is because he wasn't smart enough (or maybe just so cocky) to use a fake email address when he emailed me .

He takes all my ads down every day 2-4 times a day !! He is a competitor but the funny part is he doesn't even advertise there!!
He rights reviews about his own business (5 star) and about all the area competition (1 star) again not even smart enough to use a fake name !! Of coarse all these reviews are fake.

Is there any way to block his IP ?
Put clickable links to ding the IP or disrupt it ?
any ideas at all would be much appreciated!!

BTW while I was writing this he just hit my ads !!

Please Help!
Thanks!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:21 am 

You can make your ads somewhat flag proof by flagging them as best of Craigslist. You have to flag each ad as best of craigslist a few times from different IP addresses. You also have to make it appear natural.

I know of two ways to do this. First, you can use a proxy to get different IP addresses and then flag them yourself. Or second, you can pay to have random people flag your ad for you using www.microworkers.com.

Before you do either, you might want do do a Google search on how to stop Craigslist ads from being flagged. Last time I looked there were a couple of good youtube videos on the subject.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:30 pm 

Martin,
Thank you for the response however I will tell you I have learned a lot through this about craigslist.
#1 proxies no longer work I have used several!

#2 I also have looked allover youtube and I currently have a membership to on of the services that was recommended by one of the proxy services and that has not yielded any results.

Craigslist has changed a lot over the last year and many of the old methods no longer work!!

Thanks again !!