Post your questions about IP address geolocation here.
DirtyDishSoap

Postby DirtyDishSoap » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Looked up this IP Address, found it's in kirkland near a road that could lead into a neighborhood, looked up my own and found it pretty accurate minus the fact that you'd have to search several buildings to find me. How accurate is this search in meters? Could I be looking at an IP Address that's actually sending me to one location, where as the person is on the other side of the nation or would I actually only be goin across the street a few times? Percentage wise, how accurate is this normally is what I'm trying to say, and the results y'all normally get.

Short story as to why I'm asking, came back from Iraq a year ago, gal and I have been talkin for a bit during the deployment and back, keeps putting it off on seein me sayin she lives in NC, one thing after another comes up, just ridiciulous stuff. Ran several background checks along with supposed "Search Specalists" and came up with squat on the number(s) I have and and the email address since I've been suspicious after I came back. In the end, all I really want are some answers, and maybe get this girl watched more closely by actual fraud preventive experts if she isn't who she claims to be, better safe then sorry for wasting a year of my life gettin to know another fake.

Chrispcritters

Re: 207.68.173.76

Postby Chrispcritters » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:45 am

You want to read the these two links:

How accurate is geolocation?
User reported accuracy

JER

Re: 207.68.173.76

Postby JER » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 am

whatsmyipaddress.com shows me in Rockwell, TX. Actually I'm 50 miles East of Memphis, TN. That's only 425 miles off. I guess the server I'm connected through is in Rockwell.

...JER (-:>
...JER (-:>

Nevesaygoodbye

Postby Nevesaygoodbye » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:07 am

How did I locate already post on a IP address? thanks!

Return to “IP Lookup Help”