Someone Pretending to Be a Photographer to Get Intimate Photographs: Need Help Getting Info from Forwarded Mail

Post your questions about tracing the source IP address of an email here.
Pelonomi

Someone Pretending to Be a Photographer to Get Intimate Photographs: Need Help Getting Info from Forwarded Mail

Postby Pelonomi » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:07 am

My significant other is a photographer. Someone is sending mails to aspiring models to invite them to have a shoot. The account is sometimes activated and sometimes not. When a model tries to respond to the mail and can't get through, they then contact my significant other over social media and he then has to explain what happened. This has been going on for over two years now. In the passed when a model has responded to the mail, the perpetrator tried to blackmail her with the intimate pictures she sent to the mail address. It is extremely frustrating. We are just trying to get as much information as we can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The mail has gone from perpetrator->model->significant other->me
Last edited by Chrispcritters on Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: forward message thread removed.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: Someone Pretending to Be a Photographer to Get Intimate Photographs: Need Help Getting Info from Forwarded Mail

Postby Chrispcritters » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:58 am

Unfortunately the forwarded messages do not contain any of the original header information. You would need to get the model to provide you the headers directly.

I'm not in that business but I think there would need to be some education going on teaching the models not to send such pictures to people they've never met and have no public reputation as a photographer. I suggest that when these things happen that you get law enforcement involved.

nielsencl1

Re: Someone Pretending to Be a Photographer to Get Intimate Photographs: Need Help Getting Info from Forwarded Mail

Postby nielsencl1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Contact me via private message here. I would like to give you some free help for your situation if I can. But even if we uncover some information about who the person is, you may still need the help of the police to stop this person.

JacksonNymp

Postby JacksonNymp » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:55 am

That's unfortunate to hear. It's a shame it's 2017 and e-mail isn't more secure, but I guess they can't stop the content being sent through the billions of email per day.

Good luck in getting your resolution.

Return to “Email Tracing Help”