How to configure VPN on Windows 10?

Questions related to VPN services and how to use them.
Nicholas185Smith

How to configure VPN on Windows 10?

Post by Nicholas185Smith »

Hello,

I am trying to set up a VPN connection on my windows 10 laptop, but I am not sure how to do it. I have a VPN service provider that gave me the server address, username, password and pre-shared key. Can anyone guide me through the steps to configure the VPN on windows 10? I want to use the built in VPN client, not a third party software.

Please help me to fix this issue. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Nicholas185Smith
Nicholas185Smith

Re: How to configure VPN on Windows 10?

Post by Nicholas185Smith »

Nicholas185Smith wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:03 am I am trying to set up a VPN connection on my windows 10 laptop, but I am not sure how to do it. I have a VPN service provider that gave me the server address, username, password and pre-shared key. Can anyone guide me through the steps to configure the VPN on windows 10? I want to use the built in VPN client, not a third party software.

Please help me to fix this issue. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Nicholas185Smith
Hi,

Is anybody can help me out to fix this issue? Still I am not getting any solution. Need help.
Velasquez

Re: How to configure VPN on Windows 10?

Post by Velasquez »

You can try:
- Type a name that's easy for you to remember in the Connection name box, like "My Personal VPN." You will need to find this VPN connection name when you want to join.

- Type the VPN server's address into the "Server name or address" box.

- Choose the type of VPN link you want to make for VPN type. Your company or VPN service should tell you what kind of VPN link they use.

- Choose the type of credential you want to use for Credential Type. You can use a username and password, a one-time password, a certificate, or even a smart card if you need to connect to the VPN for work. If asked, type the login and password into the boxes that are there.