Banned off Popgamebox

Questions related to VPN services and how to use them.
Kaiser

Banned off Popgamebox

Post by Kaiser » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Hello, I've been banned off an online pool game called Popgamebox. I've tried everything to get back on and nothing seems to work. I tried a free VPN called CyberGhost. I changed emails and all new username and password. Even when someone else makes me a new account on their computer and gives me the information to log in and play I get denied. I narrowed it down and it has to blocking something in my router/modem.

Does anyone know how I can get around this and get back on the game? I ran out of options. This has fooled me for the longest time, since CyberGhost changes my IP and encrypts all the data. How would they still deny me access? Thanks in advance.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: Banned off Popgamebox

Post by Chrispcritters » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:59 am

Did you clear your cookies? Is the game flash?
Founder and Chief Marketing Technologist of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter for some behind the scenes info.

Kaiser

Post by Kaiser » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:09 pm

Yes, I use CCleaner all the time. I changed my IP through CyberGhost. Not sure what you mean by flash? The game is downloaded and I loaded it on my desktop.

Kaiser

Post by Kaiser » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:34 pm

If you're talking about Adobe Flash Player I already uninstalled and reinstalled it. I clear out all the cookies, cache, temp files, etc all the time. I have no clue what kind of ban they put one me. I tried everything I can think of to get around it and nothing has worked yet. I know for a fact if I had another modem/router I could get back on.

I was thinking Mac address, but my model modem/router will not let me change anything inside it. I tried many times trying to access it. It is an AT&T NVG510. Is there anything else I can try?

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Post by Chrispcritters » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Ah, if you've downloaded the software onto your machine it may be able to pickup some form of identifier from being installed locally.

Most likely NOT and IP address or MAC address issue.

You might want to uninstall the software, reboot make sure all of it's files have been removed, and then reinstall the game.
Founder and Chief Marketing Technologist of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter for some behind the scenes info.

Kaiser

Post by Kaiser » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:22 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have uninstalled the game, downloaded it again, reinstalled it many times. I will try to see if there is any traces left in a folder I didn't see.

Kaiser

Post by Kaiser » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:37 pm

I scanned for it throughout the system and nothing shows up. I always use CCleaner to remove all my programs. This software has kept me off it for a year now. I'm pretty good and getting around things and figuring them out, but this has me scratching my head.

Voodoo

Post by Voodoo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:19 am

You can uninstall, re-install and do anything you want, you can't undo the ban. Why? So far I follow the conversation between you and Chrispcritters it's pretty obvious that the part of the game you installed on your computer does some hidden access like
- Check for an entry in your Register. If it's existed and marked as "banned", you have to find this entry and delete it (regedit, and a tedious search for this "strange" entry)
- Read any unique ID of your computer (e.g. Serial number of your system Disk or your Computer). In this case you have to buy the new one...

Kaiser

Post by Kaiser » Sat May 30, 2015 2:31 pm

I don't have to buy a new computer, all I need is a new router/modem. It all comes down to internet connection.

lisati

Post by lisati » Sun May 31, 2015 8:37 pm

It is possible for knowledgable game authors to get hold of information unique to your computer and use that as part of the process used enforce bans. Having said that, how did you get on checking your system's registry?