How do I change my IP address so that it would reflect that I am located in a specific state inside the US?

Questions related to VPN services and how to use them.
R-O-F618

How do I change my IP address so that it would reflect that I am located in a specific state inside the US?

Post by R-O-F618 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:43 am

I would like to know the best method of changing my IP address to show that I am located in a specific state, Texas to be more precise.

I have to sign into a VPN service (powered by Cisco) that checks to make sure my IP is located in a specific state inside the US. So this method would have to be able to work while signed into said VPN. I would be signed into this VPN from anywhere between 4 to 10 hours at a time. So again the connection would have to show that I am located in that specific state for that amount of time.

Any information/direction would be greatly appreciated. I do not mind paying a reasonable monthly fee as long as the connection would be reliable and not show where my location really is.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: How do I change my IP address so that it would reflect that I am located in a specific state inside the US?

Post by Chrispcritters » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:26 am

Since you are looking to be connected to two VPNs at the same time I think you would need to use one that is compatible with your router. So, all the traffic on your network would appear to be coming from the VPN setup on your router. From there you'd use the Cisco software to connect to the VPN service that requires you to have a TX IP address.
Founder and Chief Marketing Technologist of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter for some behind the scenes info.