VPNOneclick ( paid ) still expose me?

Questions related to VPN services and how to use them.
davea

VPNOneclick ( paid ) still expose me?

Post by davea » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:23 pm

hi everybody,

have a question.

in our country i am on a news page, where i placed some political/critical posts.
because this website doesnt like to have messages which are not in their faviour, they ban users very fast.

Normally i use a VPN server to create a new account and this always worked for me. They banned me over 50 times, i think.

Now i installed a paid version of Vpnoneclick. I selected a region/country and checked this website. My ip adress was in France, Belgium,Finlnd etc. All corresponded with the selected country. But whatever i do, after clicking the activation links, i always get the message on screen ( You will be activated ).

what means that you can wait forever. When i was using different VPN services, i always get the message. ( account activated ), after clicking the link.

So what is this website, seeing of me, which can be linked to my identity? how can they block me, when im behind a VPN. There must be a way to gain acces with a different IP? Even sending the activation mail ( with link ) to a friend who doesnt have an account yet, and asking him to click the link, it results in the same message ( Account will be activated )

So it doesnt care which IP ADRESS presses the activation link, but something happens during the registration process.

can somebody explain?

nielsencl1

Re: VPNOneclick ( paid ) still expose me?

Post by nielsencl1 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:04 pm

I think the news site knows you are using that VPN service. You need to understand that services like that which are popular start to be noticed by sites that are trying to block trouble makers like you. :-)

I won't help you with what you are trying to do, because even if you are fighting unfair censorship, your energy would be better spent doing more positive and constructive things. I am talking about posting on sites where they won't remove what you say or ban you for saying it.

Why post things on sites that don't want you there and who will remove what you post? If you enjoy that, fine. But it may be better to have all the things you write stay on the web where they can be read by more and more people. :-)

davea

Post by davea » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:37 pm

but i tried over more then 8 VPN services. Even services i didnt use before.
Is there a way to pass and create a account? Its not that im a trouble maker, but i am a realistic person. I am collecting votes for a referenda, to stop waisting money in bankrubt countrys etc. This website is blocking my actions.

Can you tell me how i can succeed in registering an account? instead of going to a wifi hot spot and register there. Thats to complicated. Hope you can advice me. This website is the only website that supports postss from users.

lisati

Post by lisati » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:52 pm

There are usually rules on sites where you can post comments. Even if you have the best of intentions, they have the right to move, modify or delete your posts, or even ban you, if you don't follow their rules.

I won't go into great detail, but there are often ways of recognizing if a banned user signs up with a new account. Some of these are of a technical nature, and some related to posting style.

I wish you well in your search for practical ways of having your say without being banned.

davea

Post by davea » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:25 pm

yes, but thats the strange part. They cant ban me because of my postingstyle.
I cant post a message on the forum.

When i try to register and oressin the activation link, a message appears that says : " Your account will be activated"

But it will never get activated. Weeks ago, i received the message after pressing the activation link, which says: " account is activated". So there is a difference in lines. For some reason they recognize me. I use another emailadres and username. Even another Ipadress ofcourse

Maybe a odd detail. If i forward the activation link to a friend who will press the activation link, receives the same message, " Your account will be activated" So its not the activation link wich gives me the problem. Something went wrong during registration. I think that if this same friend will do the registration, everything will be fine.

But which details can they see if i am behind an Vpn? Im on an Ipad. Is it a Mac adrress or something else? i always use another VPN, emailadres to register and username with different styles of names. Do they block the entire VPN technique? Are there other services who can help me with this?

Voodoo

Post by Voodoo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:35 am

Davea,
The tale you narrated here amuses me so much that I, after a long absence, have to explain the phenomenon to you :D . I'm sure that you've ever heard of the word Web-bug or Web-beacon. If not, then surf or google for for the explanation when you want to know more. The papers in your country uses certainly this "web-bug" to catch you. How? Here is a brief explanation for you:
A WEB-BUG or WEB-BEACON is an invisible image file (e.g. xyz.gif, etc.) with one pixel which is usually has the same background color and is embedded in the email for a confirmation. When you open the mail your browser starts to request for this WEB-BUG and you don't see it :lol: .Together with the cookies (need by by your email provider) it's possible to retrieve any information it wants (incl. your IP). When you click the confirmation link - A big BOOOM !!! You're caught...

davea

Post by davea » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:23 am

even somebody else is clicking this confirmation link?
this other person has another IP, another computer and lives in another place.

Voodoo

Post by Voodoo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:36 pm

yes, even somebody else with a TOTALLY different IP why? Because the invisible Web-bug was downloaded in HIS/HER computer and the comparison of his/her IP with the created account (suppose it's your VPN IP) and ...BOOOM...unequal...must be a hacker or an fake person :oops: