Help to track stalker!!

Post your general questions about IP address here.
alelea

Help to track stalker!!

Post by alelea » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:04 am

Hi! Is there any possibility to track an IP address for a fake profile what has been stalking me for ages? I know I can block it, but i really want to find out. Its on one of the social networks and keeps 'looking' at my pictures and personal information all the time. But all I have is this persons profile and statistics when and what time my profile has been looked at.. Many thanks!

chuckie47

Re: Help to track stalker!!

Post by chuckie47 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 am

Your post makes little sense.

You want to find a fake profile that's been viewing your social network profile? Have they tried contacting you through your profile?
If it's Facebook, for example, it's your choice to put what you may on your profile, and you must understand that once you post it, it's free for the Facebook world to see. If you don't want it seen by unwanted profiles - don't post it in the first place.
First of all, how do you know it's a fake profile? If you were to go through every IPS that viewed your profile, I think you have a lengthy journey ahead of you. Not much else you can do but maybe increase your privacy settings, refrain from oversharing on your Social Network page, or delete it altogether.

Your post doesn't sound like you're in any grave danger; your curiosity is probably getting the better of you.

amaris55

Re: Help to track stalker!!

Post by amaris55 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:58 am

whats the ip? or give me their profile info