Safe Web Browsing

Post your general questions about IP address here.
chuckie47

Safe Web Browsing

Post by chuckie47 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:58 pm

Is there a legitimate program that allows me to safely browse online?
I'm not talking anything sketchy, just with my email, internet banking, things like that. I keep reading about people getting hacked, and I'm noticing that I'm getting more junk mail that is strangely tailored to what I Google.

Thanks

iastaff

Re: Safe Web Browsing

Post by iastaff » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:55 pm

You have to first start at home by making sure your personal computer is free of viruses, malware, and trojans. Then you'd have to start looking at VPN providers that provide full coverage as random browser proxies will not accomplish the security you are looking for. When looking at a vpn provider its important to see what security/encryption protocols they offer and base your decision on that. For an example of what a vpn provider should offer in terms of security, you can see what I have on my own corporate site here.

Athena

Re: Safe Web Browsing

Post by Athena » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:58 pm

To have safe web browsing you need to start in home making sure the personal computer is free for all virus not infected. Look some VPN providers that provide full coverage in random browser proxies that not accomplish in the security. If you are using the VPN providers, make sure that you see the security/encryption protocols in giving in you.