Using VPN to connect to USA servers

Post your general questions about IP address here.
dfg555

Using VPN to connect to USA servers

Post by dfg555 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:20 pm

So I was planning to use a VPN software to connect to USA servers so that I could play Battlefield 3 on USA servers, the question is would this actually improve my latency? Without a VPN my latency on those servers hit up to 300 ms~

Voodoo

Re: Using VPN to connect to USA servers

Post by Voodoo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:48 am

improve my latency?
Latency is caused by delay within the media (cable, processing, computer, etc.). However, the greatest delay or latency is caused by your net (in your country) and the last of the traffic on the net. The more people access to the same site (e.g. Battlefield 3) the worse is the (reaction) response time. The Internet traffic is always weird, unpredictable and erratic. For example, you're sitting in Berlin and and play Battlefield-3 and due to the heavy last on the German way to the US your data could be diverted via Beijing-Tokyo-US....Then your "latency" becomes unbearable...

dfg555

Post by dfg555 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:29 am

I see, thank you.

jameshouston135

Post by jameshouston135 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:15 am

I would definitely suggest to use highly encrypted VPN for USA region although there are many recommended VPNs from every major review site, and their customer support responds in minutes every time. To know more about VPN service, I will suggest you to visit VPNRanks for comprehensive and useful reviews. :geek: Some Recommended VPN: https://www.vpnranks.com/5-best-vpns-for-usa/