IP address unavailable.

Post your general questions about IP address here.
herrsheesmom+1

IP address unavailable.

Post by herrsheesmom+1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:35 pm

I have a Cricket mobile hotspot on my phone. When I go to turn on the wifi on my tablet, the status setting for IP address says that the address is unavailable. It can stay that way for weeks, then it's back again for a while. I have tried everything including restoring to network settings, then to factory settings. It's like it has a mind of its own, and when it's good and ready it will give it back. I live on my tablet, as I am retired, and it's making me homicidal. PLEASE if anyone can help, it will keep an old lady out of the pen.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE, for anything you can do to help.

herrsheesmom+1

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: IP address unavailable.

Post by Chrispcritters » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:03 am

When it says "unavailable" are you still able to go online on both the phone and the tablet?
Founder and Chief Marketing Technologist of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter for some behind the scenes info.

herrsheesmom+1

Post by herrsheesmom+1 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:07 pm

My phone never has a problem, just my tablet, and I can't get online at all when it is "unavailable". My phone is my mobile hotspot from Cricket.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Post by Chrispcritters » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:13 pm

It sounds like there is a problem with the hotspot on the phone or the tablet not being able to connect to the phone.

I would try disabling and re-enabling the hotspot feature. If that doesn't work you may want to try rebooting the phone as well.

You could try changing the name of the shared WiFi on the phone and then connect to that new name on your tablet.

If all that fails I would take both the phone and tablet down to the nearest Cricket store to see if they can help you in person. Unfortunately things like this are difficult to diagnose remotely.
Founder and Chief Marketing Technologist of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter for some behind the scenes info.