IP Error message

Post your general questions about IP address here.
Bushranger

IP Error message

Post by Bushranger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:08 am

When I try to access my property records on my local Register of Deeds Office, I get the following message when I try to do a search: "The IP you are using is different than the one that initiated the session. Security check failed. Please restart the application. "

I am using my desktop computer on my home network. My internet provider is HughsNet Gen4 (satellite), I am useing Windows 10 pro. My router is a tp-link Archer C900 (I have used a different router with the same result). I have tried my wife's computer on the same network with the same result. I have tried my laptop (wireless) with the same result. I live out in the country surrounded by mostly Amish farms, so no cross-over possible there...however, when I have connected my laptop via wireless to my network, there is sometimes a local farmer's wireless network visible to the computer.

When I tried accessing some documents on a bank's site in regard to refinancing my home loan, I ran into a problem also (could not access certain areas of the bank's webpage) that I attribute to possibly the same problem (a security breach due to IP address shift).

I have Windows Defender resident (scans frequently)and run MalwareBytes with no indication of any mal ware present.

HughsNet is no help...they run diagnostics and tell me that my modem and the service is running correctly.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem?

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: IP Error message

Post by Chrispcritters » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:18 pm

I've heard of this sort of thing happening on satellite internet connections, but not familiar enough with the way they handle IP address allocation and the technical hurdles they might be trying to overcome.

You might want to try a trial service of a VPN provider. The VPN provider might be a little more tolerant of your IP address changing mid session -- they'll keep the IP address the public sees stable.
Founder and Chief Marketing Technologist of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter for some behind the scenes info.

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:41 pm

I have HughsNet satellite because that is what is available other than dial up. I am stuck with it at this point. Aside from that, there has only been two instances where that error has caused a problem. In short, as much as I would like to find how to fix that error, it has not been serious enough to abandon my current satellite Internet provider. I am looking for a fix rather than abandoning my IP service for a service that is not readily available...you must have missed the part where I live in the country amongst the Amish.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Post by Chrispcritters » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Try using TunnelBear's free service and see if that works for you while connected to those particular sites.
Founder and Chief Marketing Technologist of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter for some behind the scenes info.

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:42 pm

I tried TunnelBear and after three tries the site did let me in to do a search. In short, TunnelBear did work as a work-around in solving my problem. Thank you