Someone knows

Post your general questions about IP address here.
cgibsonlpfan

Someone knows

Post by cgibsonlpfan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:45 pm

Someone knows my IP address and it's mainly my fault I suppose because I let them into my computer to help me set up an "online radio station" so I could listen to my own songs when I was in a game and she needed my IP address to set it up. Me and this person had an online relationship going on and have since broken up. Now she harasses me saying that she knows I'm on even though I've changed names, profiles, opened a new account and have no other pertinent info on these other profiles that would give me away and yet she knows it's me that's on even though I'm not on her profile or listening to her station. How is this possible by just seeing me in game even though she has my ip address?

nielsencl1

Re: Someone knows

Post by nielsencl1 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:00 am

Well, some web sites will show you the IP address that a user is using.

I don't know why she should care if you are "on" or not. Just ignore her and tell her to get over it. Don't communicate with her anymore.

If you need to get more distance from her contact your ISP about how you can change your IP address, or use a proxy service so she will not see your old IP address. Of course, if she still can then you need to find out if she installed something on your computer that allows her to track what you do... I can't help with that!