IP not on any list yet most all mails Bounce

Post your general questions about IP address here.
jrw422

IP not on any list yet most all mails Bounce

Post by jrw422 » Fri May 29, 2020 5:59 am

Hello folks. Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but maybe some one here can help me resolve this problem. I can't get help from my new host as they just don't want to, or they are just ignorant and don't know what to do. They blame the newsletter plugin and the newsletter plugin maker blames the host. arrrg!

Mass Mailings (500 or so each time) was working fine until I moved to a new host so I could have better control over all of my domains.

I moved to a VPS server with a new IP address. I tried to send out a mailing and got 3/4 of one list I sent to bounced back. None on the list has ever bounced back before. Been sending for a couple years to the same list.

I did have a problem on a previous host that all of the sudden started just sending off server email addresses to the trash. Not even allowing them to be delivered. They said it was one of the big spam catchers that was responsible even though I was not on a spam list. Finally got that resolved and then started getting very slow and other problems so I left that host.

I have checked the new IP against the spam list and there is nothing. 162.0.225.245

So I started checking and made a couple changes to the mail settings and I still get bounces. Here is the problem.

If I send out a single test mail to my hotmail account it goes through. It went to the junk folder, but it sent out. It is the SAME email that bounced with a 5.0.0 permanent failure or something like that. So I made some changes and tried again, and the Hotmail bounced again sending a mass mailing to my test list.

If I send an email to my hotmail account from my computer, (outlook express) with the SAME mail settings, it delivers just fine.

In the mass mailing, I have 3 of my domain email addresses on different lists to make sure when I send one out that in in fact did send out. Well, those email addresses on server deliver just fine, but 99% of the OFF SERVER to emails tyhat were sent immateriality bounce back!

Any ideas of what the problem is?

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: IP not on any list yet most all mails Bounce

Post by Chrispcritters » Fri May 29, 2020 6:37 am

Sometimes when too many messages are sent during a single connection from a "fresh" IP address mail servers see that as a possible sign of spam.

What is the exact error message?
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.

jrw422

Post by jrw422 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:07 am

The news letter plugin author just tried to send 3 to his email and they all bounced. Here is the info from the cpanel track delivery. I omitted some info

failure error
User: admin
Domain: omitted
From Address: [email protected] Omitted
Sender: [email protected] omitted
Sent Time: May 29, 2020, 8:51:08 AM
Sender Host: localhost
Sender IP: 127.0.0.1
Authentication: localuser
Spam Score:
Recipient: omitted
Delivery User: -system-
Delivery Domain:
Delivered To:
Router: dkim_lookuphost
Transport: dkim_remote_smtp
Out Time: May 29, 2020, 8:51:08 AM
ID: 1jefQL-0003UN-Pv
Delivery Host: gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com
Delivery IP: 172.217.197.27
Size: 1.91 KB
Result: SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 550 Action not taken

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Post by Chrispcritters » Fri May 29, 2020 8:56 am

Unfortunately, it looks like you might not be getting the full bounce message.

Do you have domain keys, SPF, etc configured correctly?

jrw422

Post by jrw422 » Sat May 30, 2020 5:02 am

Chrispcritters, Sorry for the late response. Been dealing with other problems. I have no idea what that is. That is way over my pay grade! Can you enlighten me? I can't get my host to fix it. they say all is working properly.

jrw422

Post by jrw422 » Sat May 30, 2020 7:04 am

Got with my host and asked if all the domain keys, SPF, etc configured correctly. They said yes. I went and took a look at the Email Deliverability Status and it says it is valid. Tried to send out a multi recipient test mail and 12 of 17 bounced with a 550 fatal error.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Post by Chrispcritters » Sat May 30, 2020 8:02 am

Sounds like *something* is set up incorrectly.

If you want to send a PM or open a ticket at [email protected] for a private discussion of the issue, feel free.