Why dose my wireless Address show wrong ADDRESS ?

Post your general questions about IP address here.
john gymnopoulos

Why dose my wireless Address show wrong ADDRESS ?

Post by john gymnopoulos » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:23 am

:twisted: I have a wireless modem and when i check to see if the signal is coming from my place ? it shows some place in the centre of Melbourne's CBD ? I have the exact address of where my IP is showing to be coming from.
How do i get the correct IP Address showing my correct location 7 who or why dose the wrong Address shown ?
AM I BEEN LISTENED AND WATCHED BY ANYONE ELSE ? AM I BEEN BLED OUT OF GBt's ?

After i have found the actual address of where my IP Address is showing, what do you all suggest i do to the people inside the building who are steeling everything they want ?
Then i need to know how to change it to the correct place of work ?
Last edited by Chrispcritters on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread merged.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: Why dose my wireless Address show wrong ADDRESS ?

Post by Chrispcritters » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:07 am

The location shown by our site is only an estimated location, not an exact location. If you have a dynamic connection (most cable/dsl services) your IP address will change over time so the estimate is better than a known incorrect physical address. I assume the second part is a concern that people at the estimated location are using your connection. They are not, so it's not something to worry about. However, you need to make sure that you have appropriate security enabled on your network.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.