Dazed and Confused about choices

Post your general questions about IP address here.
anonhelp1

Dazed and Confused about choices

Post by anonhelp1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:07 pm

I've been working my way through all the options for online anonymity but still find myself unsure of what way to go! Can't make sense of it all - is there a simple, inexpensive answer?
I want to be secure wherever I go, whatever I do. Home wireless network, public wi-fi, business, Email, personal banking, Facebook, etc.
Hopefully, as inexpensive as possible, can't do monthly charges, one-time charge ok, possibly 80 for Anonymizer but it's not fully secure? How about Hide-my-IP with Tor?
HELP!
THANKS!
Well now I read of too many people having problems with Hide-my-IP so . . . I'm thinking Tor with the Firefox button . . . ON I could safely do Email, personal work, ad posting? OFF I could go wherever would require cookies . . . YouTube, etc. . . . then close/open browser and turn Tor back on?
Too much for this brain . . . .

iastaff

Re: Dazed and Confused about choices

Post by iastaff » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:21 am

You'll find that a lot of sites will be hard to surf these days with a lack of cookie availability. All those cgi proxy sites will not do you any favors. Tor is not bad, but its greatest downfall is that its exit nodes announce to the world that they are exit nodes. There is no anonymity in that.

lucky7s

Post by lucky7s » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:42 am

Is the free download for anonymizer as good as the $80 version to purchase??

iastaff

Post by iastaff » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:15 pm

I'm not familiar with that product personally.