CHANGE MY IP ADDRESS?

Post your questions about changing your IP address here.
K4TRV

CHANGE MY IP ADDRESS?

Post by K4TRV » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:54 am

Hi,

I have a broadband supplier (Virgin) who "tell me" that I was assigned a fixed IP address 77.100.82.44 around 1 Dec 17. Since then I have found my E-Mail host (trevor@mcmasterfamily.co.uk - mail.theburo.net) is unable to receive or send my emails using my Virgin Router IP address. I have a gmail account and that works fine as does my iphone (for mail.buro.net and using my mac laptop on hotspot) when not using the Virgin router via Wifi. This also applies to my wife's wifi iPad and her emails on mail.theburo.net. I have found my IP address was on a number of blacklists (I guess whomsoever had it before me created the problem!). I have requested those be cleared except this site: dnsbl.spfbl.net. I cannot find how to tell them that my IP address is fixed as they say it is Dynamic and hence blocked?? Virgin have told me three times this month, when I complained, that my IP address will change on 3-dates this month and despite disconnecting and switching the router off on each occasion, I still have the same IP address. Grateful for any assistance?

lisati

Re: CHANGE MY IP ADDRESS?

Post by lisati » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:31 pm

Are you running the email server for the mcmasterfamily.co.uk domain at that IP address? If so, you might need to check that the DNS records point to the correct IP address.

K4TRV

Post by K4TRV » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:34 pm

No, I am not running the email server nor did I "organise" it. My Son came up with it in conjunction with his Company - there is no link or connection to anything relating to a business or email servers against my current Ip address - just a private Virgin users!!

K4TRV

Post by K4TRV » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:07 am

An update: Virgin have accepted that the only way to force an IP change is to send me a new Hub (Router/Modem)!! Now awaiting its arrival in 4/5 working days!! I would still appreciate how to get an IP Blacklisted address off dnsbl.spfbl.net ?? Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year 8-))

lisati

Post by lisati » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:28 am

K4TRV wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:07 am
I would still appreciate how to get an IP Blacklisted address off dnsbl.spfbl.net ??
Have you visited the DNSBL's website? Their query and delist page can be found here: http://spfbl.net/en/delist/
(Note: you might need to enlist the help of your service provider.)

K4TRV

Post by K4TRV » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:01 am

Thank you lisati - been there and no way would Virgin assist with delisting as I am not using a Virgin email address!! The solution is a new device, which will force a new IP (I could jump from the frying pan to the fire if it too is blacklisted!!!) with a Virgin Hub (Router/Modem), which they have agreed to sent to me!! Thanks again for the link and HNY

K4TRV

Post by K4TRV » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:34 am

SUBJECT CLOSED - A new Virgin Hub has arrived and "bingo" all my emails & those of my wife's (iPad) came in seamlessly!! Thanks for reading the woes and I hope if anyone suffers the same symptoms, you know of one solution!! Happy New Year!!