Change my IP address.

Post your questions about changing your IP address here.
bigbigI

Change my IP address.

Post by bigbigI » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:40 pm

When I am using the IP address provided by the ISP, I cannot access an online flight booking website, but when I am using VPN, there is no difficulty to access, so I think my original IP address is blocked.

I planning to change my IP address, I will use it only when I am doing online booking.

1. How do I know what IP address I shall use?

2. Can I use the IP address which I noted when I am using VPN?

3. How do I fill in the Subnet Mask and Default Gateway?

4. If my original IP address is blocked, can my ISP help to remove the block?

nielsencl1

Re: Change my IP address.

Post by nielsencl1 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:21 am

In the future, try asking only one or two questions in a single post. If you ask too many questions, many people don't want to help be it will take too much time to answer them all. :-)

I will answer what I can.
1. How do I know what IP address I shall use?
If you can't change your IP address by turning off your computer, router, and modem for a period of a day or more, then you will have to contact your ISP.
2. Can I use the IP address which I noted when I am using VPN?
No, I think your VPN and ISP are two different companies and the IPs generally stay with the company which is assigned to them.
3. How do I fill in the Subnet Mask and Default Gateway?
Where are you looking? You can't change your IP by changing something on your computer or even your router. The IP should be assigned by your ISP.
4. If my original IP address is blocked, can my ISP help to remove the block?
Ask them. The answer is probably "no". They will suspect that you have been doing something that has resulted in the block. On the other hand, they don't want their IPs blocked and may try to help you. Tell them all of the places you think you are blocked to get them started.

Good Luck!

bigbigI

Post by bigbigI » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:15 am

Thanks for your answers.

patrickjburt

Post by patrickjburt » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:52 am

You may have a dedicated ip address from PureVPN or any other vpn service providers like nord or express. I suggest you to have a trial on any vpn service and read out user reviews before buying vpn.