Help on changing IP for Diablo 2 game

Post your questions about changing your IP address here.
bgamer

Help on changing IP for Diablo 2 game

Post by bgamer » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:08 pm

Hello. I was wondering if anyone here plays Diablo 2 LOD and if yes, have you ever get this message when trying to enter a realm/gateways? "If using a modem, you may need to connect to your internet service provider before connecting to battle.net. For ore information please visit http://www.battle.net/support/errormessages/.??? Does anyone know what this means? I emailed Blizzard support team and they have replied back with all these troubleshoots such as i.e. adding ports through router. Btw, i have a cable modem from cox comm. and I have a D-Link router connected to it and everything is fine except I cant get in to USeast/USwest realms. Now I have tried changing my IP for the past week. I have tried the ipconfig /release on command prompt and I have also tried to ipconfig /realease then shut down PC and unplugging everything overnight but still my IP hasnt changed. Is there another way I can change my IP address? Or is there other way to bypass and avoid that error message i get from Diablo 2 when trying to login to USeast/west realms? I can get in to Europe and Asia realms but not US realms. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.