changing ip address with att uverse arris modem/router

Post your questions about changing your IP address here.
jacastaneda93

changing ip address with att uverse arris modem/router

Post by jacastaneda93 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:44 pm

hello im trying to get some advice and help in changing my ip using att uverse as my isp
im not very tech savvy so my questions may sound stupid but bear with me please.
my cousin got my ip banned from several places the main one being the site where i had my business set up through. through research ive found the only way id be able to get back in is changing the ip and this has been exceedingly difficult and terribly important.
i was using an all in one router modem by arris and attempted to change the mac address through the router, but found i was unable to. i then switched the arris router/modem with an old motorola one i had lying around and the ip address did change, however both of these ip addresses are banned.
my question is with these all in one routers would i be able to use a seperate netgear or linksys router that i would allow me to change the mac address with att uverse as my isp? would i be able to change out the all in one router modem for a separate router and modem? or would i be better off changing isp (last resort since im in a contract) if i should change isp what advice would you give me as to what isp have routers and modems that would allow me to change my public ip and mac address
its very important that i would have the option to change or clone my mac address to get a different ip without having to keep switching and buying att uverse all in one routers . any help or advice would be greatly appreciated