How to bypass proxy authentication for some websites?

Post your questions about proxy servers here.
Letonyadodson

How to bypass proxy authentication for some websites?

Post by Letonyadodson »

Hello,

I have a problem with proxy authentication. I use a proxy server provided by my company to access the internet, but it requires me to enter my username and password every time I visit a website. This is very annoying and time-consuming, especially when I need to access some websites frequently.

Is there a way to bypass the proxy authentication for some websites that I trust and visit often? I have heard of some methods such as using PAC files, whitelisting domains, or modifying the registry, but I am not sure how to implement them or if they are safe and effective. Can anyone help me with this?

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions from the experts on this forum. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Letonyadodson
Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: How to bypass proxy authentication for some websites?

Post by Chrispcritters »

Since your company provides the proxy service, which is an unusual setup these days, I suggest you work with your IT department to resolve the issue in a way that may not violate your company's policies.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.
Letonyadodson

Re: How to bypass proxy authentication for some websites?

Post by Letonyadodson »

Chrispcritters wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:27 am Since your company provides the proxy service, which is an unusual setup these days, I suggest you work with your IT department to resolve the issue in a way that may not violate your company's policies.
Hi,

Thanks for your best response. I really appreciate your answer. This worked well for me.
Last edited by Chrispcritters on Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: OP's response contained spam links. OP's account has been closed.