Want to set ip adress manually(own UK ip)

Post your questions about proxy servers here.
aisarwa

Want to set ip adress manually(own UK ip)

Post by aisarwa »

Can i get some proxy site names where i can set the ip address of my own??
for example, if my frnd uses one ip address in UK , can i set the same ip for me using any proxy sites?
iastaff

Re: Want to set ip adress manually(own UK ip)

Post by iastaff »

You can only use ip addresses that are licensed to providers. Each provider has a range or ranges that are theirs. You can only use what the provider has.
Voodoo

Post by Voodoo »

[quote][You can only use ip addresses that are licensed to providers. Each provider has a range or ranges that are theirs. You can only use what the provider has.
You can only use ip addresses that are licensed to providers. Each provider has a range or ranges that are theirs. You can only use what the provider has./quote]
Quite right! However, there are more than 2000 FREE Elite/Anonym/Transparent-Proxies of (almost) every country floating around for use: From A (eg. Argentina 200.63.71.76) to Z (eg. Zimbabwe 77.246.53.90). With a little work you can build a versatile Add-on (see the TOR-Button) or a flexible Plug-in (like my own) for your favorite browser. Then with a single key stroke you hop at anytime from a certain country to anywhere in the world you want to be :mrgreen:
iastaff

Post by iastaff »

99.9% of those are not "for use" in the term your using. These are randomly found computers from out in the wild that hackers have scanned with automated programs looking to see what ports might be open. In essense, these computers have poor security (if any at all) and your using of them was not authorized or condoned by the owners of these systems. In essence, this is stealing and breaking and entering as you are not authorized to use that system by its owner.
Voodoo

Post by Voodoo »

iastaff wrote
In essence, this is stealing and breaking and entering as you are not authorized to use that system by its owner.
Oh come on...All the Proxies I see every day are listed publicly and I see nowhere a hint about rusing restriction... Don't believe? Here are, for example, two links:
1) http://www.proxy-list.org/en/index.php
2) http://freeproxylist.org/en/free-proxy-list.htm
lisati

Post by lisati »

Voodoo wrote:iastaff wrote
In essence, this is stealing and breaking and entering as you are not authorized to use that system by its owner.
Oh come on...All the Proxies I see every day are listed publicly and I see nowhere a hint about rusing restriction... Don't believe? Here are, for example, two links:
1) http://www.proxy-list.org/en/index.php
2) http://freeproxylist.org/en/free-proxy-list.htm
I think there's an important difference between people who have publicly announced "Yes, you can use our servers" and those who through not setting up their servers properly are leaving themselves open to abuse by anyone who has the patience and expertise to do so.
Voodoo

Post by Voodoo »

I think there's an important difference between people who have publicly announced "Yes, you can use our servers" and those who through not setting up their servers properly are leaving themselves open to abuse by anyone who has the patience and expertise to do so.
Very important, indeed. It depends on how one uses it. A gun can be a murder weapon or a very effective self-defence weapon, or a soldier can be seen as an invader or a liberator, or...look at the email facility. Great and lightning fast for a virtual communication or very abusive as you see people complained here about verbal molestation.
Please refrain from consolidation of everything into a lump sum.
lisati

Post by lisati »

Voodoo wrote:
Very important, indeed. It depends on how one uses it. A gun can be a murder weapon or a very effective self-defence weapon, or a soldier can be seen as an invader or a liberator, or...look at the email facility. Great and lightning fast for a virtual communication or very abusive as you see people complained here about verbal molestation.
Please refrain from consolidation of everything into a lump sum.
/me tracks down your IP addres so I can add it to my server's block list. :D
Voodoo

Post by Voodoo »

Lisati threatened
/me tracks down your IP addres so I can add it to my server's block list
try me :mrgreen: then I'll convert to a lamb :D
lisati

Post by lisati »

Voodoo wrote:Lisati threatened
/me tracks down your IP addres so I can add it to my server's block list
try me :mrgreen: then I'll convert to a lamb :D
:ugeek: