Gizmo5 VOIP Proxies

Post your questions about proxy servers here.
sirrix

Gizmo5 VOIP Proxies

Post by sirrix »

I am in the UAE and need help accessing my american Gizmo5 / Google Voice account through a proxy. I have found several proxies, but in the settings within Gizmo5 they want me to enter the server address, the port, and a name/password.

The information that I have found about proxy servers leads me to believe that the port used is 8080 but there is no information on user/pass and no information as to whether the port that Gizmo5 is using is able to be used on the proxies. Any advice? I'm literally unable to communicate with friends/family until I can figure this out. Any assistance, plz. email me at sirrix at gmail.
tommy_b

Re: Gizmo5 VOIP Proxies

Post by tommy_b »

I use Gizmo and GoogleVoice over a VPN and here is all the info that I use to get connected:

Your user name is simply your Gizmo phone number including the 1 before the area code, without dashes. Authorization name or ID is the same phone number as well. Password is what you selected at the time you signed up for Gizmo. The other relevant info is:

Proxy Server (Host): proxy01.sipphone.com
Proxy Server (IP): 198.65.166.131
Registration Server: proxy01.sipphone.com
SIP Port (UDP): 5060
STUN Server: stun01.sipphone.com
STUN Port: 3478

(This information above came from a "How-To" on using Gizmo & GoogleVoice on the GoogleVoice help forum. I don't have the link handy because it was more than a year ago that I signed up and it may not be up anymore since they've closed Gizmo to new registrants while Google assimilates them.)

With regard to the ports however my SIP client, X-Lite 4 by CounterBeam (it has Windows, Mac, and Linux versions if you need a client - it's free, it does the job, it's their beta tester so...), doesn't have a place to for me to plug them in at for either SIP or STUN. I assume it must autodetect them because the number always registers and I can always receive my GoogleVoice calls as well as use the GoogleVoice ring back to make outgoing calls.
"The absolute best way to prevent an invasion of privacy while online is to simply not go online... Unless they choose complete abstinence from the web, users are vulnerable." - from an Adobe Systems white paper on Flash Player security
camelye

Post by camelye »

What are the best wireless routers to be used with Voip and the Internet on the same time? I am looking for a wireless router that can provide the best quality sound while I am on a Voip call and browsing over the net.
iastaff

Post by iastaff »

I'd suggest D-Link or Cisco.
unomaha

Post by unomaha »

My voip service doesn't offer toll free numbers. Can I get one without having to change carriers? I recently purchased a one year subscription to a VOIP service, however, they don't offer toll free numbers. Does anyone know where you can get a toll free number and forward it to an existing VOIP number?
iastaff

Post by iastaff »

There are plenty of websites that do that.