Escaping Routing Problem

Post your questions about proxy servers here.
StackPointer

Escaping Routing Problem

Post by StackPointer » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:27 pm

I have a customer who just converted from AT&T DSL to AT&T UVerse. One particular web site, which is critical to the customer's operation, is unreachable via UVerse. AT&T has said it is a routing problem at CenturyLink. CenturyLink says it is not their problem. The customer's network has 2 workstations plus a W2003 Server that need to be able to access this site. As far as I can tell, the site is accessible from anywhere other than this one area served by AT&T.

If I try to access the site through a WebProxy server, the access is fine -- presumably because it is routed differently.

As a temporary measure I am wondering whether there might be an option to route all traffic for this site on this network through a proxy server, and how one goes about doing something like this. We would prefer to route only traffic that is headed for this one site through a proxy.

My question is, "Is this a practical short-term solution and if so, what would I need to do to set it up?"

TIA for any suggestions.

Voodoo

Re: Escaping Routing Problem

Post by Voodoo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:49 am

Hi Stackpointer,
One particular web site, which is critical to the customer's operation, is unreachable via UVerse
AT&T and CenturyLink are probably right. You know, some sites have their own "blacklist" that registers all possible "Spammer IPs". If it's the case your customer IP was blacklisted and he/she was thrown out with no comment (impolite) or with a hint (Spammer).