Trying put a free 14 day trial, how well do they work.

Post your questions about proxy servers here.
DillyB

Trying put a free 14 day trial, how well do they work.

Post by DillyB »

Id been recently banned from an International chat site (Mod has God issues :lol: )
I tried using a proxy server kast night and it did seem to work for a while but this morning my new account had been banned.
I only selected to hide my IP whilst on chat sit and turned it off when finished. I turn off my computer and internet over night.
Whilst it wasn't on could my account be traced to my real IP?

Im winging it here, Im low tech savey not high tech savey lol :D
Raps

Re: Trying put a free 14 day trial, how well do they work.

Post by Raps »

I don’t think that the mod of that forum wouldn’t be able to trace that proxy back to you although he may have been able to see that a proxy had been used and maybe blocked the proxy IP Address. Sometimes when I have used Hotspot Shield the IP Address it has given me don’t always trace back as a known proxy.
DillyB

Post by DillyB »

So your saying I was just unlucky to have used a previously banned IP.

I had it set to change every 10mins, mixing it with UK and US IPs. At one point my account did say IP banned but i still managed to log back straight away.

How was it possible for ''them'' to ban me over night whilst not on? Could they have just gone to my previous account and banned my from that IP?

Not sure if its determination or obsession now to try n beat their system but I do think Im way out of my league :lol:

I do have another question about IPs. If I change my internet provide eg Optus to Telstra do you get different IPs or would it be the same?
Raps

Post by Raps »

For your first question its No. I didn’t say that. Perhaps you are logging into the same account you have had before that way whatever new ip address logs into that account all ip address are recorded, I know with my own websites and forums some users who are banned from the forum come on through another ip address then I am able to ban all ip address they use even the proxy ones. If I noticed one user changing ip address that frequently I too would start to block them. If you change your provider then sure you will get a new ip address but I’ve a feeling it won’t be long until you get that ip address banned too. Maybe you should just ask yourself the question, is it really worth it? Why not just walk away from the site or send the site admin an email in the hope you can both resolve whatever issues have gone on and start playing nice.
DillyB

Post by DillyB »

lolsss @ play nice :( I do/was but it doesn't take much to get suspended/banned these days and I have tried to contact Admin but no reply :(

Its just frustrating when you don't know why, so I made accounts so I could find out. I figured my home IP was on speed dial delete.

Thanks for your help though in understanding IP servers.
Raps

Post by Raps »

I do understand your frustration because it can be very frustrating but it just sounds like unneeded stress so I would just walk away from it and not waist any more time with that site.
toruser

Post by toruser »