How reliable is....

Post your questions about tracing the source IP address of an email here.
funkymonkeyjedi

How reliable is....

Post by funkymonkeyjedi » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:33 pm

how reliable is an email trace when it originates from a yahoo or hotmail domain?

Do these servers disclose the clients' actual IP in the email header? or do they protect the sender?

thx

funkymonkeyjedi

Re: How reliable is....

Post by funkymonkeyjedi » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:20 pm

does anyone responsible for this site ever actually reply? or are they too sick and tired of the epic amount of stupid questions those that can't read the info available to them that this site is no longer managed?

One would have thought once a post was approved it'd be answered as well, at the very least...

Because I do feel that I do have a valid question here compared to everyone elses' same repeated question of "boohoohoo I need a location" when the info is already all in the "Trace Email" link at the top.

lisati

Re: How reliable is....

Post by lisati » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:57 pm

funkymonkeyjedi wrote:how reliable is an email trace when it originates from a yahoo or hotmail domain?

Do these servers disclose the clients' actual IP in the email header? or do they protect the sender?

thx
Just a casual user here who doesn't like Yahoo's handling of spam complaints. As far as I know, Yahoo sometimes gives the actual IP address in the headers.