Provoking email to jealous husband said I sent it but I didn't...

Post your questions about tracing the source IP address of an email here.
10michele62

Provoking email to jealous husband said I sent it but I didn't...

Post by 10michele62 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Someone sent my husband an email trying to incite his (already unreasonable) jealousy and made it look like it came from me. Apparently, there is a way to do this but there must be evidence of the true origin somewhere in cyberspace. They also mentioned something in an email they sent me that is not common knowledge so they have access to my information as well. Not only do I really want to stop them, I really want to know who they are. I desperately need some suggestions or guidance.

nielsencl1

Re: Provoking email to jealous husband said I sent it but I didn't...

Post by nielsencl1 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Sorry you didn't get a reply before this.

Because they mentioned something they should not know about you, I would first suspect that they may have access to your email account. In that case it may not be easy to show it was NOT you that sent the message. The proof would have to come from your email provider.

If you are still having a problem, one option would be to send some emails to your lawyer or doctor that contain fake information that this scammer would be happy to hear about. Or make up a story about a fake affair AND tell your husband what you are doing FIRST. then if someone sends him another message or you hear about something else fake that YOU created, you will a) know you still have a problem and b) may be able to trace the source of the fake story being told to others.

You may want to get professional advice before acting on what I say - I have no idea if you are dealing with someone dangerous or not. Good Luck.