Trace Challenge They Say It Cant Be Done

Post your questions about tracing the source IP address of an email here.
achrispowers

Trace Challenge They Say It Cant Be Done

Post by achrispowers » Thu May 21, 2015 11:49 am

I have been told that it is impossible to trace this what do you all think? You guys are the experts
From jane davis Fri Apr 17 00:53:02 2015
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 00:53:02 +0000 (UTC)
Reply-To: jane davis <{removed}@yahoo.com>
To: Ritterlaw <{removed}@wirefire.com>
Message-ID: <1964295962.5846368.1429231982733.JavaMail.yahoo@mail.yahoo.com>
In-Reply-To: <3ef3181850260a4127c377549d9efec2@foto.nl1.torservers.net>
References: <3ef3181850260a4127c377549d9efec2@foto.nl1.torservers.net>
Subject: copy
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_5846367_518499597.1429231982731"
Content-Length: 1841

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: Trace Challenge They Say It Cant Be Done

Post by Chrispcritters » Thu May 21, 2015 5:06 pm

Since the full headers have not been provided there is nothing to trace.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.

achrispowers

Post by achrispowers » Fri May 22, 2015 11:09 am

Thanks this was all the info I got . A Private Eye wanted to charge me a grand saying that it was strange that email header came from a secure site. I had just copied info off email and sent to my lawyer. I contacted the torserver who said that other than blocking future emails I couldn't find out the original sender. I had received an email that said enjoy the pictures (meaning booking pictures ) and lights on all night warrant for you I have a neighbor stalking me. Is there anyway from headers to trace someone if they send it from an anonymous website? I am sure gum shoe would charge me the grand and than say it can't be found. I want you guys to tell me the truth as I trust you all, more than someone after my pocket book.

Since this all happened been getting dirty pictures, emails asking for sex and yesterday an email that came from a contractor I used three years ago saying they needed cash were stuck in Philippines and needed money. I called to alert them. This email header had other routing info but can't figure out how scammer would get the money if using contractors email address. I had just moved and in the hurry my router was not secured with WPA for a week . The harassers lives across street his router was called Netgear123 while mine was just called Netgear. Is there a connection or common thread to all of this? I am a little old disabled lady and dealing with non technology savvy people. This guy also sends me handwritten notes. I wonder if their is software that will analyze them? Thanks everyone for your help.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Post by Chrispcritters » Fri May 22, 2015 11:20 am

If the email was sent through TOR there is nothing you can do to find out who sent it.

If you are being harassed you should contact local law enforcement and get a restraining order.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.

achrispowers

Post by achrispowers » Sat May 23, 2015 2:18 am

Thanks restraining order only for people in a relationship was told so asked for an order of safety protection they than set change of court date to wrong address same last name and street different middle name I show up for hearing only to be told harasser changed date and he now says that it is is me stalking him with my cameras which were installed after threats. They than arrested me. Small town. I tried to get video tape to prove my innocence as I say I am a little old disabled woman. Had to hire lawyer etc. Been a mess. Come to find out he changed days as he is a gun enthusiast and was afraid a protective order would take his guns. I have been terrified for almost a year and been getting threats which I asked you all about. Would be funny if it wasn't so expensive and terrifying. I will have to leave and sell house as I have been humiliated and its hard to face people who think your a criminal. Just thought I would clue you in. Thanks