Remove my ip from a blacklist

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
Davidbzmg

Remove my ip from a blacklist

Post by Davidbzmg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:03 am

Hello
I'm receiving way too many spam and when I'm trying to unsubscribe, I can't because my IP is blacklisted. So does it mean I will have to put up with all this, or is there a solution to remove my email from a mailing list?
Many thanks

lisati

Re: Remove my ip from a blacklist

Post by lisati » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:51 pm

Be careful when you are dealing with spam, the sender details are often fake, forged, spoofed, or otherwise disguised to divert attention from the real sender.

Legitimate mailing lists often have a web page or special email address, separate from the one normally used to contribute to the mailing list. Have a look for a special address used for unsubscribing, and, if there is one, use that instead of the main email address.

If you're receiving a bounce or non-delivery report that mentions a blacklist such as one of those mentioned on the WhatIsMyIpAddress blacklist check web page, there will often be a link to a website you can visit to find out why there is a listing, and hopefully some get information about how to be delisted.

Davidbzmg

Re: Remove my ip from a blacklist

Post by Davidbzmg » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:33 am

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that.
Weirdly not only one address does this and I just get more spam. And this isn't the spam I'd eat...
Thanks again