Remove my ip from a blacklist

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
Davidbzmg

Remove my ip from a blacklist

Post by Davidbzmg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:03 am

Hello
I'm receiving way too many spam and when I'm trying to unsubscribe, I can't because my IP is blacklisted. So does it mean I will have to put up with all this, or is there a solution to remove my email from a mailing list?
Many thanks

lisati

Re: Remove my ip from a blacklist

Post by lisati » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:51 pm

Be careful when you are dealing with spam, the sender details are often fake, forged, spoofed, or otherwise disguised to divert attention from the real sender.

Legitimate mailing lists often have a web page or special email address, separate from the one normally used to contribute to the mailing list. Have a look for a special address used for unsubscribing, and, if there is one, use that instead of the main email address.

If you're receiving a bounce or non-delivery report that mentions a blacklist such as one of those mentioned on the WhatIsMyIpAddress blacklist check web page, there will often be a link to a website you can visit to find out why there is a listing, and hopefully some get information about how to be delisted.

Davidbzmg

Post by Davidbzmg » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:33 am

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that.
Weirdly not only one address does this and I just get more spam. And this isn't the spam I'd eat...
Thanks again

Davidbzmg

Post by Davidbzmg » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:52 am

Still nothing. I'm getting the unwanted emails and when trying to unsubscribe from the bottom of the email, the page said I can't, because my email is blacklisted. I sent an email to that special address, but no reply. I just want them to stop sending me emails. I can't actually be bothered about the blacklist.
So if we can't do this, seems to me there's nothing the dear reader can do for me.
Thanks for the previous entries.

lisati

Post by lisati » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:49 pm

Have you considered reporting them via Spamcop?

nielsencl1

Post by nielsencl1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:08 pm

Depending on what you are using for email you may be able to set up a "filter" that will delete email for you based on different rules.

You may want to check your IP on the blacklist checker on this site. I think that may be a fake report you are seeing, but if you check it you will know. It's possible you have been hacked and are sending out spam so I would check that also. Good Luck!