IP Blacklisted

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
bridgetrochon

IP Blacklisted

Post by bridgetrochon » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:45 am

Hi! My IP Address (108.191.173.211) has been blacklisted at the 2 locations below:
dbsbl.sorbs.net
dbsbl.spfbl.net

I work in a church office and send out a lot of mass emails. Since my IP address has been blacklisted, I use Mail Chimp to send out mass emails. I also changed my password on my email account.

I still use my email to communicate with individuals or a group of people (12 people or less), and I am still have emailing issues, which I have listed below:

One person I communicate with my email has gone into her spam box (since I have been blacklisted). She has marked it unspam and it still goes into her spam box.

If I reply to someone, then they get my email reply. If I just try to email directly to the person, I frequently get an error messages back.

Is there anything else that I need to do before I proceed with trying to get unblacklisted?
Thanks, Bridget Rochon

lisati

Re: IP Blacklisted

Post by lisati » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Quite often, but not always, error messages relating to emails that haven't been delivered contain a link to a website that will provide more information relating to why your email might have been blocked.

The information I discovered on the SORBS and the Spamhaus websites appears to indicate that you shouldn't be running an email server at that IP address. If you're using your email provider's system or MailChimp to send your email, a listing for your home or office ip address shouldn't make that much (if any) of a difference.

The listing at spfbl.net should similarly only be of concern if you're running your own email system on your home or office connection.

In other words, don't worry too much about the listings you've mentioned.

bridgetrochon

Re: IP Blacklisted

Post by bridgetrochon » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:35 am

THANKS! That helps a lot!