Denouncing fake DNSBL BlackList Operator: spfbl.net

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
SPFBL

Re: Denouncing fake DNSBL BlackList Operator: spfbl.net

Post by SPFBL » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:47 am

OPALIT wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:59 pm
This blacklist operator is blocking IP's not just single IP's but ranges, it is not affecting email but is preventing access to pop3 servers and websites, not only that, they do not have any free de-listing but require payment to de-list, this is Blackmail, nothing more nothing less, they need stopping.
Yes, we have a free delist tool, but this feature is just for regular mail servers with RFC 5321, that it is not your case. Any dynamic and residential IP cannot be delisted, even if the owner want to to pay it. The dynamic and residential code is 127.0.0.3, that means "no mail server running here guys, so if it starts a unauthenticated SMTP transaction, this is a hacking attack for sure". Our customers (only mail server administrators) uses this code just for hacking attack prevention. No sane webmaster would use a DNSBL to filter HTTP, and I never seen it.

Anyway, the payment method is not really for delist an IP, but only to add a PayPal user address as responsible for that IP. Once a registered as responsible, the delist tool allows to this user delist IP for free many times. We do not allow anyone delist an IP as anonymous. If your IP has a valid FCrDNS under your own domain, this is enough to you delist it for free because the FCrDNS is the best way to validate an IP owner.

SPFBL

Post by SPFBL » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:53 am

OPALIT wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:02 am
I contacted the operator of this spfbl.net and he threatened me with getting my IP's blocked throughout the internet, how can something like this be allowed to happen.
Someone "threatening" a third party to continue doing the same work they've been doing for years is something new to me. If our system detects a new dynamic or residential IP, it will be listed as 127.0.0.3 for sure. Is is not really a threat.

OPALIT

Post by OPALIT » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:16 am

My IP's are not residential or dynamic, they are static, I am Wireless Internet Service provider, the small static range that is being blocked, is my personal range and is only being block by spfbl and no other block list is blocking it and as for the threatening, I have the email from them, containing the threat to me.

I do have a two mail servers, one which is an Exchange mail server, and the other is hMailServer both are configured to send email via my fibre suppliers email server and use authentication to send, they receive smtp email direct, I do not send spam and my servers are not open relays, the IP range is a /29 and has been static for 3 and 1/2 years, 4 of the IP's have not even been used, yet they are still being blocked and blocked for no valid reason I can see except to cause problems and possibly extort money, no one else is blocking them.

Like I said my emails are unaffected, so what ever there configuration is, it must be incorrect because it is affecting access to some websites and pop3 servers, I repeat the small amount of personal email I send is unaffected.

OPALIT

Post by OPALIT » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:19 pm

It appears that they are carrying out their threat to block my IP's or my domain across the internet, as it has now become almost impossible to access anything from my IP range, even my email's are no longer working that have my domain name in them, yet I have done nothing except call them out, they must be stopped.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Post by Chrispcritters » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:06 pm

What is it that you are seeing when you say that it's "almost impossible to access anything from my IP range"?
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.

OPALIT

Post by OPALIT » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:27 am

Same as the other guys on here, "server not accessible", and some of my customers POP3 sites just will not allow my IP's, not every site but quite a lot and it is increasing daily, If I switch to one of my other ranges by assigning the IP using my radius server, it is fine no problems with anything, to save messing about re-entering the static settings, I can simply re-assign the original IP with the radius server and the problems are still there and now as of yesterday my email domain is totally blacklisted, yet nothing shows why on any blacklist, I cannot send anything using my domain name from the small IP range assigned, unless I go through a relay, it could be my ISP has done some blocking there, I have contacted them, I had SPF records setup for when sending directly, although it is rare I send directly, I have always used my ISP smart host.

OPALIT

Post by OPALIT » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:09 am

I can no longer access sites like the BBC or the Daily post etc. from that range.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Post by Chrispcritters » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:41 am

This sounds more like an issue with your ISP than a blacklisting issue.

The blacklists we reference on the site are not designed to be used to keep people from accessing websites -- any website that would use them would end up blocking most of their users.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.

OPALIT

Post by OPALIT » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:47 am

If it was not for the threat received from the that blacklist admin, threatening to do what is actually happening, I would suspect my ISP, I have been in touch with the ISP and the say they are not blocking me in anyway.

Another Bozo + Bus

Post by Another Bozo + Bus » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Hmm - having a similar issue here. All of a sudden I'm running into
Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.CLOTHINGSITE.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.c...etc...

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.MAJORAIRLINE.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.3...etc...
The ISP swears it's not their fault, and the Internet suggests that the way the "Access Denied" message means that Akamai may have something to do with implementing the block. However, when I check the blacklist checker here, only spfbl.net comes up as having a problem with my IP address. Heading off to their site for details,
<ool-1234abcd.dyn.MyISP.net> dynamic or domestic rDNS.
This IP has been flagged because it is dynamic or by suspect to be domestic use only.
If you are running an email service on this IP, ask ISP to change the rDNS.
The removal of this IP from this blacklist depends on change of rDNS to match the FQDN of the mail server.
Like others, I am not running a mail server, and do have a dynamic address, referenced in their message by ".dyn.", as do most US-based users, so I cannot do anything myself about getting off of the blacklist.

As an unsophisticated household user, I am at a loss as to how to proceed. It seems my only option is to ask for a new IP address, and foist my problem off onto others. Is that really the best option?