Blacklisted and rejected emails.

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
michellez214

Blacklisted and rejected emails.

Post by michellez214 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:30 am

I tried to send myself and email from work to home and I received and email back stating that is was returned undeliverable. I have gotten notices from others trying to send me email getting this same thing. My email provider is Spectrum, I have reached out to their tech support and was told the following
Okay, the ip address is listed as spam from a site. Here is the link to see that info. https://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/98.149.86.7
You will need to contact the service that listed the ip as spam. Go to: whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-remove
Something you sent out was marked as spam, and has been blocked.
Click there, it will how you where it is listed, and that is who you contact to have it removed or "whitelisted"
It is the ip address that is listed, which your email is connected to.
Yes you will need it unlisted or whitelisted to have the email concerns resolved.

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <[email protected]>
Reason: 5.1.1 <[email protected]> recipient rejected AUP#Out-1050

Please reply to <[email protected]>
if you feel this message to be in error.

The following attachments have been removed from the bounce message: image2020-03-05-075012.pdf

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME???????????

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: Blacklisted and rejected emails.

Post by Chrispcritters » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:44 pm

Do you know the IP address of the mail server, likely different from the office IP address, you are using for work?
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.

masrednow

Re: Blacklisted and rejected emails.

Post by masrednow » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:06 am

You might want to look into your spectrum email settings. I found that this email address was added to my mail filters by a d-bag to forward purchase requests and password resets to their email account. When you account is hacked, they then think you will use the same username and password combos on other sites. They then try to get into the other sites, like amazon, best buy wal-mart, etc. They try password resets if the password is not the same. They add filters to your emails so that you don't see the emails in your inbox.

log into your webmail.spectrum.com with your email as username. Then go into Settings->Filters and Blocked Senders. You might see the filters.

Likely the email you sent to yourself had a keyword that matched the filter, that then forwarded the email to the address and bounced.