Ransomware Attack

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
chintu

Ransomware Attack

Post by chintu »

Hi, We just got a ransomware attack where all our S3 buckets were deleted and the fellow was demanding bitcoin for restoring them.

I have the traffic logs with IP address and the timestamp when our services were accessed with the IP. I checked the ip location and the service provider with the help of your site.

I wanted to post a comment for each of the ip addresses with these details but that would be a lengthy process.

Can I share the logs here and the people at whatismyipaddress.com will mark the ip addresses as spam/ransomware? or inform the concerned people or something?
Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: Ransomware Attack

Post by Chrispcritters »

How many IP addresses are you referring to?
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.
veronicas

Re: Ransomware Attack

Post by veronicas »

chintu wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:10 am Hi, We just got a ransomware attack where all our S3 buckets were deleted and the fellow was demanding bitcoin for restoring them.

I have the traffic logs with IP address and the timestamp when our services were accessed with the IP. I checked the ip location and the service provider with the help of your site.

I wanted to post a comment for each of the ip addresses with these details but that would be a lengthy process.

Can I share the logs here and the people at whatismyipaddress.com will mark the ip addresses as spam/ransomware? or inform the concerned people or something?
I am very sorry that you have become a victim of such people. You are acting very honorably by providing information so that other people can avoid such an attack.