Blacklist

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
slainte18gal

Blacklist

Post by slainte18gal » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:50 pm

Hello,
First post. My security camera IP192.168.1.108 is blacklisted by cymru fullbogonipv4. I cannot understand why a private camera system could get blacklisted. Can anyone help me get this unlisted. I am not too PC savvy so if you could explain in 76 year old PC/internet terms.
Thanks. Jim.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: Blacklist

Post by Chrispcritters » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:02 pm

All the devices that are on your own network (LAN) are assigned IP addresses in the ranges of 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x by your router. These IP addresses are only accessible by devices connected to your router. These are commonly know an "private" IP addresses and can be used inside any network anywhere in the world. But, they cannot be used on the "public" internet, by devices outside of your network.

If a device on the public internet sees the IP address 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x it's been forged and it should not be communicated with.

This is perfectly normal and will have no impact on the usability of your security camera. Is also does not mean there is something bad going on inside of your network.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.