APEWS: IP 207.91.144.246

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
GInAustin

APEWS: IP 207.91.144.246

Post by GInAustin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:54 am

Our primary IP address has been listed in the l2.apews.org listing. We are not spammers. We are legitimate service company in Austin TX and our access to MN Secretary of State website is being blocked because of this. There are no other blocks except for this listing. Any assistance to have this IP address removed from your blacklist would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: APEWS: IP 207.91.144.246

Post by Chrispcritters » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:02 am

When it comes to the APEWS blacklist:
  • Don't worry
  • Don't post to any USENET group about it -- it won't help
  • VERY few mail admins use APEWS to block email because they are VERY aggressive -- they blacklist 40%+ of the internet.
  • If a bounce message does not specifically mention APEWS then the block is very likely NOT because of APEWS.
  • If the bounce message DOES mention APEWS call your contact or send them email from a different domain (hotmail, gmail, etc) and ask them to remove the APEWS blacklist check at their mail server.
Unless the MN Secretary of State website is specifically mentioning APEWS it's likely *not* the issue. I suggest that you reach out to your contact via the phone and have then escalate the issue internally to determine what the cause is.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.

lisati

Re: APEWS: IP 207.91.144.246

Post by lisati » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:27 am

I could not see any listings on the WhatIsMyIpAddress blacklist check page, your IP address appears to be "clean" and you're set to go.
As Chrispcritters has indicated, you don't need to worry too much about the Apews lists unless it is specifically mentioned in an error message.