Not a spam blacklist, but what?

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
shevy61

Not a spam blacklist, but what?

Post by shevy61 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:29 am

Hi,

We have recently been having trouble reaching some (not all) financial websites and the IRS website, receiving messages that access ids denied. The IP address we are going to the internet with is 96.91.247.153. I have to assume this IP address is somehow blacklisted, although I have used the blacklist checker here and several other places and it is not listed. We do not have a mail server on this IP address, so it's not a spam related blacklisting. Is there a way I can find out why I am being denied access to these sites? Thanks for any help or insight you can give me.

nielsencl1

Re: Not a spam blacklist, but what?

Post by nielsencl1 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:51 am

I checked your IP address and see that it is with Comcast as mine is. I can think of no reason why you should be blocked. Can you list some of the sites you are trying to reach? Also I can't tell if you are sending email or using a web browser to visit the sites. Blacklists generally only effect people using email.

Do you have a good anti-virus program and do you use it? It makes me nervious when you talk about having problems going to financial web sites and you ids are denied. If you can contact customer support via phone at one of the sites where you have an account that may be the very best thing you can do, just in case you computer has been hacked. I don't want to scare you, but that is something you should check as soon as you read this message...!

Good Luck!