No mail server, but got blacklisted

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
I_fix_things

No mail server, but got blacklisted

Post by I_fix_things » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:50 am

I use browser based mail applications, for personal & volunteer work, & have wound up on multiple blacklists. I don't have any error codes or messages To share, as my messages are getting blocked by anti-spam firewalls. ''This has happened with all connections I've used over the past month, include wifi LTE (70.210.77.55) & Comcast (73.110.110.80). Not looking for help on getting removed (as I'm terminating service with both providers) --- mostly interested in knowing how this could happen, when I don't use a mail server to send emails. Need to protect myself from future events.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: No mail server, but got blacklisted

Post by Chrispcritters » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:07 am

The blacklists are designed for mail server to mail server communications and in many cases residential or wireless carrier IP address are listed as a mail server should not be running on them. Listings in this scenario can be ignored and will have no impact on your ability to use the internet and are not indicative of any issues with your machine.

Specific listing can indicate that one or more devices on your network may be compromised and be sending spam.

The specific listings that residential users can safely ignore are: APEWS, SORBS DUL (and the SORBS catch-all dsnbl.sorbs.bet).
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.