IP for my facebook log in blacklisted dnsbl.sorbs.net - dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net - dnsbl.spfbl.net

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
ia206ia

IP for my facebook log in blacklisted dnsbl.sorbs.net - dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net - dnsbl.spfbl.net

Post by ia206ia » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:31 pm

My social media FB has been acting up, can't see posts, some friends accounts seem to deactivate and/or become hijacked, one had a bigger clue of actually posting "hackers lane" language on the timeline. Not sure what is going on, it seems generally fine but can't see posts like I did and see random spam, fake news and somewhat trolling information. There are fake accounts liking friends statuses, not sure if it is part of spam. There is an IP address on my facebook log activity assigned to my iphone that is 73.181.199.125. It comes on the blacklist for dnsbl.sorbs.net - dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net - dnsbl.spfbl.net. How do I resolve? What is possibly going on? There is another random IP that logged in from another state to my FB. Is there concern for an IP logged into my social media that is blacklisted on the 3 and how to remove or resolve?

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: IP for my facebook log in blacklisted dnsbl.sorbs.net - dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net - dnsbl.spfbl.net

Post by Chrispcritters » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:34 am

Residential and Cell Phone IP address being on SORBS and SPFBL are normal. The blacklists are primarily designed for mail server to mail server communication. In this case, those listings are more of a technical indication that a mail server should not be running on that IP address rather than there is a cause for concern.

If you are seeing IP addresses that come back to ISPs other than the ones that you use you should enable two-factor-authentication on your account.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.