Denouncing fake DNSBL BlackList Operator: spfbl.net

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
juliomac

Denouncing fake DNSBL BlackList Operator: spfbl.net

Post by juliomac » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:47 pm

spfbl.net is blacklisting residential DYNAMIC IPs.

That is, regular residential users like me (I manage websites from Home with ZERO SMTP services usage) are now being blacklisted and can't access several websites due to this false blocking.

How to make them stop doing this?

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: Denouncing fake DNSBL BlackList Operator: spfbl.net

Post by Chrispcritters » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:54 pm

The blacklists are designed for mail server to mail server communication, not to block people from accessing websites.

If someone is using SPFBL to filter web traffic they're basically blocking all residential internet users from access their site.

What is the exact error message that you are seeing?
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.

juliomac

Post by juliomac » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:02 pm

In Browser it says "Server is not accessible"

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Post by Chrispcritters » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Unfortunately there error message is so vague it's difficult to know what is going on.

Have you tried accessing the website from a different internet connection?

If you want to open a support ticket we can look into it privately. Just send an email to support@whatismyipaddress.com

Sam00

Post by Sam00 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:00 am

Same problem , spfbl.net blacklisted me for no reason, I'm a regular residential user and I don't have any server or email server.
"This IP has been blocked because it is dynamic or by suspect to be domestic use only."
"The removal of this IP from this blacklist depends on change of rDNS to match the FQDN of the mail server."
Coooool, but I don't have any mail server then I'm stucked with this false blocking, great.
And now I have a cloudflare page with captcha everywhere, and some websites are not accessible.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Post by Chrispcritters » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:59 am

Sam00,

CloudFlare does not use SPFBL listings to display a captcha when you visit a site, if this was the case then *all* residential IP addresses would be blocked from accessing *all* CloudFlare protected sites.

It's possible that with a residential internet connection it was previously assigned to someone with a compromised computer and that is the reason CloudFlare is flagging your connection. You can try changing the IP address of your internet connection by turning off your modem/router for at least 8 hours.

juliomac

Post by juliomac » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Chrispcritters wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:30 pm
Unfortunately there error message is so vague it's difficult to know what is going on.

Have you tried accessing the website from a different internet connection?

If you want to open a support ticket we can look into it privately. Just send an email to support@whatismyipaddress.com
Any other Intenernet connection works fine. Even from work. Just from this residential IP didn't.

juliomac

Post by juliomac » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Chrispcritters wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:59 am
Sam00,

CloudFlare does not use SPFBL listings to display a captcha when you visit a site, if this was the case then *all* residential IP addresses would be blocked from accessing *all* CloudFlare protected sites.

It's possible that with a residential internet connection it was previously assigned to someone with a compromised computer and that is the reason CloudFlare is flagging your connection. You can try changing the IP address of your internet connection by turning off your modem/router for at least 8 hours.
Yes, it is possible that it was assigned to another compromised computer and that's the whole point. It is not practical trying to blacklist Dynamic IPs. The constraint will probably be applied to the next innocent IP residential user.

Turning-off the Router did nothing. The provider changes IP at their own will... it does not matter what we do on our side.

OPALIT

Post by OPALIT » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:59 pm

This blacklist operator is blocking IP's not just single IP's but ranges, it is not affecting email but is preventing access to pop3 servers and websites, not only that, they do not have any free de-listing but require payment to de-list, this is Blackmail, nothing more nothing less, they need stopping.

OPALIT

Post by OPALIT » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:02 am

I contacted the operator of this spfbl.net and he threatened me with getting my IP's blocked throughout the internet, how can something like this be allowed to happen.