spfbl.net is blocking my IP

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
OPALIT

spfbl.net is blocking my IP

Post by OPALIT » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:11 pm

MY Static IP and the rest of the range is being blocked by dnsbl.spfbl.net, with the result that I cannot get email or access webmail on some servers, it is preventing me from carrying out legal and legitimate business, I have an Microsoft Exchange mail server on my IP and another mail server on a different IP in the range for my customers, there is no spam going out from my servers and they are not open relays, I believe the block may be result of me blocking attacks on my server by people trying to use them as relays.

What annoys me is that he will not remove them from his list, unless we pay him, this is out and out Blackmail and he should be shut down.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: spfbl.net is blocking my IP

Post by Chrispcritters » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:34 am

Most of the SPFBL listings are due to a lack of forward and reverse DNS matching.

The blacklists are designed for mail-server to mail-server communication. If you are having issues accessing a website it's very likely not to SPFBL.

What are the IP addresses?
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.

OPALIT

Post by OPALIT » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:51 am

I do not want to specify the IP's publicly but my ISP has confirmed that the problem is to do with the listing in dnsbl.spfbl.net server, they are going to issue a new range and escalate the problem, we know they are only supposed to be affecting email, whatever this company is doing is affecting not just me but hundreds of other customers, some of my IP's listed on their server are not even in use, so there is no way they could be spamming, yet they are blocked.

OPALIT

Post by OPALIT » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:49 am

I have been in contact with administrator of this site, and he has threatened me with having my IP's blocked throughout the internet surely there should be some safeguards to prevent this kind of malicious abuse of the internet.