Blacklist Help

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
thebus71h

Blacklist Help

Post by thebus71h » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:47 pm

Trying to get our IP off of the blacklist. Have a Meraki MX64 here, rules set to block SMTP, we don't have an on site mail server, just through our ISP and through our web hosting, but my Public IP is being blacklisted causing us some email issues, as well as a couple of websites being blocked. I know through the forum I read that these blacklists shouldn't effect websites, but the one that I'm dealing with works on every other network I've tried but mine, contacted them and they have stated it is due to the IP blacklisting.

My IP address is 12.161.111.50

I've scanned all my machines for malware, and have been looking through the packet data on wireshark and don't see anything glaring at me.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: Blacklist Help

Post by Chrispcritters » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:09 pm

You've got an issue going on.

CBL is probably your best place to start. Perform a check of your IP at https://www.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi

The CBL listing leads me to believe that what they are seeing indicates a possible router compromise.

Once you've been able to clear up the listing at CBL you can then start working out to other listings.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.