OK ya got me

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
Mac029

OK ya got me

Post by Mac029 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:45 pm

Well then. I need major assistance. I don't run any type of server. We have 3 or 4 systems in the house and I scan my pc's and the laptops using Avast and Malwarebytes. Am considering alternatives to Hitman Pro, Superantispyware maybe?

Seems I've been listed on regular SORBS, dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net and dnsbl.spfbl.net. AFAIK 3 systems are clean and my switch and router were set to be fairly good re: outgoing. I'm not well versed in this stuff so I'd have to find my e-notes re: config ing things.

Anything and everything in our house uses Sandboxie.

Hoping someone can give me a quick 'check this/increase this' setting in firewalls/other. All systems use Windows 7 or 8.1. I know, I'm in the process of getting rid of 7 and getting Windows 10. Meantime, the problem could have emanated from a box I inherited w/lots of dodgy stuff on it that recently died. Had it 9 months? Ran it while connected a number of times. Did scan it using the above appl's. Borked the cpu so it is no more.

Figure I should beef up settings on switch, router, rescan all systems using something more thorough and then "test".

If anyone cares to start me in the right direction I'd very much appreciate the feedback. This is killing me w/some forums and I want to correct this, once.

Thank you in advance,

Mac

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: OK ya got me

Post by Chrispcritters » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:54 am

Since this is a home internet connection and you are not running a mail server you can safely ignore both the DUL and SPFBL listings. There are technical in nature -- basically saying a mail server should not be running at that IP address or something is not configured correctly for a mail server to be running there.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.

Mac029

Re: OK ya got me

Post by Mac029 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:41 am

Thanks, I thought maybe my attempt at humorous title threw people off. If no need to tighten firewall settings on 'boxes' or do anything to the router, I'll just go to the first site and ask for a Delist. I could break out the Tomato router but that gets nebulous. I am curious about my ISP being able to change my IP address, though.

I appreciate the site and your help!