can't send emails can't remove ipfrom blacklists

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
datalit

can't send emails can't remove ipfrom blacklists

Post by datalit » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:37 am

Hi,
I'm having a problem with a customer that can't send emails from a network: outlook goes into timeout and we can't reach the webmail site.
We don't get a bounce message like "550 Rejected: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is listed at work.drbl.example.net"
The email provider is Aruba, from other networks it works and the customer doesn't have a mail server of his own.
Using the whatismyipaddress.com's blacklist-check tool https://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check I've seen that the public ip of the network (31.194.180.218) is in the blacklists of dnsbl.justspam.org, dnsbl.sorbs.net and dnsbl.spfbl.net.
The problem is that to get delisted from dnsbl.justspam.org we must send an email from that ip address, but we can't, and if I use another provider than I get: "IP will not be removed because of a wrong Sender-IP. You have to send the removalrequest from the IP you would like to delist! This mail was comming from EUR02-HE1-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com (mail-eopbgr10054.outbound.protection.outlook.com [40.107.1.54]) by removalsystem with ESMTPS id CC41E792F87 for <remove+31.194.180.218@db.justspam.org>; Wed, 6 Feb 2019 15:40:35 +0100 (CET)." because is the mail comes from microsoft servers.
From dnsbl.spfbl.net instead they require an email of the customer's internet provider or to pay to use another.
Also I don't know how they ended up in these blacklists, maybe a spammer virus?
how can I solve this?
Thanks

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: can't send emails can't remove ipfrom blacklists

Post by Chrispcritters » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:55 am

I'm unclear, are you running your own mail server or using an email service provider?
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.

datalit

Re: can't send emails can't remove ipfrom blacklists

Post by datalit » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:46 pm

the customer is using an email service provider (Aruba) and doesn't have a mail server of his own