spfbl.net blacklisted my IP for no reason. Please help.

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
p6QoQ9b

spfbl.net blacklisted my IP for no reason. Please help.

Post by p6QoQ9b » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:48 pm

Greetings! Everybody. I am a regular residential internet user only. Just accidentally found out that "spfbl.net" blacklisted my IP for no reason. I did blindly follow some instructions to query my IP at "spfbl.net" and want to self delist because I have no networking knowledge whatsoever. Here is the result:

This IP has been flagged because it is dynamic or by suspect to be domestic use only.
If you are running an email service on this IP, ask ISP to change the rDNS.
The removal of this IP from this blacklist depends on change of rDNS to match the FQDN of the mail server.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what it means. Is using Outlook and Gmail for my daily activity resulting in blacklist? Please help me out. I am also having troubles loading some of my bookmarks recently. Lots of my favorite bookmarks are giving me "TIME_OUT_CONNECTION" errors. Does that have anything to do with "spfbl.net" blacklisting my IP?

Please help. And thanks everyone for visiting the thread.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: spfbl.net blacklisted my IP for no reason. Please help.

Post by Chrispcritters » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:27 am

The issues you are having are not connected with the SPFBL listing.

The SPFBL listing basically means that your IP address is not setup to be running a mail server. Since this is a residential internet connection, and you are not running a mail server, you don't need to worry about that specific listing.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.