Blacklisted by SBL, No Idea Why

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
VeryConfused

Blacklisted by SBL, No Idea Why

Post by VeryConfused » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:11 am

I joined a forum that looks exactly like this one yesterday, and I had no problem making a post then, but now, it won't let me because SpamHaus has blacklisted me some time in the last 12 hours. SBL has blacklisted me, but when I check the page SpamHaus links me to when I search my ip, it doesn't tell me why. I tried running MalwareBytes, which turned up nothing on my computer. I can't request removal through the link provided by SpamHaus because it demands I have a hostname, even though I've never even had a website or an email host or whatever. I have absolutely no idea why I've been blacklisted or what info I should try to get about my computer to start figuring it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: Blacklisted by SBL, No Idea Why

Post by Chrispcritters » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:45 pm

What website were you trying to visit and what was the exact error message you saw?
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.

VeryConfused

Re: Blacklisted by SBL, No Idea Why

Post by VeryConfused » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:12 pm

I'm still blacklisted, but the problem I had seems to have gone away, so I guess it doesn't matter anymore. If I should ever have trouble with a different site, I'll try to get myself removed from the blacklist. Thanks