IP banned permanently

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
jenny

IP banned permanently

Post by jenny »

Hello people,
I just want to ask help because my IP is permanently banned from my favorite forum..for reasons I do not know...I was a member of the forum since 2006...I really do not know why I am banned...What can I do to solve this and be able to access the site again..

thanks
jenny
StrongArmingEvil

Re: IP banned permanently

Post by StrongArmingEvil »

I'm currently having the same issue. Under reason for banning it says "prior banned troll" which isn't even true. No idea why I was banned. Does anyone know how I can get back on the site with a new username? I've tried proxycap and hide my IP, but neither of them work (or at least I don't know them well enough to get them to work.)
Big Stevo

Post by Big Stevo »

I too was banned from a discussion board early this morning after being a member of the board for more than 4 years. Four nights ago I posted some comments in response to another member's comments made in a particular thread on this board, I saw nothing wrong with my comments but an administrative member of the board's staff apparently did. The first board member claimed to have sent me a warning by P.M., a warning which I never did receive then 2 days later I received my 1st warning by P.M., this first P.M. warning was sent to me by a different staff member to which I immediately sent a reply by P.M. informing staff member #2 that I never did receive a P.M. warning from staff member #1.

After cooling off I decided to send a P.M. apology to staff member #2, a few hours later I received a P.M. back from staff member #2 accepting my apology and I thought that was the end of it. The next day I received another P.M. from staff member #2 issuing me a second warning, first I wanted to know what the second warning was for, once again I apologized but I might have also said a few other choice words which staff member #2 didn't like but certainly did deserve. I participate on at least 10 discussion boards covering all kinds of subjects, I make sure that I am familiar with each board's rules when I join and I will say that most of the boards I participate on are professionally run and I haven't had any problems with any of the other boards I participate on except for this one which kicked me off earlier today. At the very least they could have suspended my account temporarily rather than ban me permantently since it was my first incident with their board but they didn't.

So early this morning when I opened up my email there was an email from this other board's administrator, the way it was worded it sounded like it was composed by staff member #2 who informed me that I was now permanently banned from their board because of personal attacks I made to a member of their staff, that my computer's IP address on record with them had been permanently banned and any attempts by me to rejoin their site under a different username would not be permitted, that another attempt to do so would also be permanently banned. Four years on a board with only 1 incident which really wasn't an incident but you can't start a war with a board because if you do unless you're a member of the board's staff you'll lose everytime you try.

This board in my opinion wasn't the most professionally run board, they had their "click" which I wasn't a member of and they pretty well did what they wanted. They were constanly asking for PayPal donations to keep their site running, I'm just glad I didn't make a donation to their site. I still wish I could just read the posts on this board but my access to being able to just do that has also been blocked. I too would like to be able to rejoin my board and it probably can be done but I don't think anyone here who knows how to do it will be posting here telling others exactly how to do it.
iastaff

Post by iastaff »

Its kind of common knowledge how its done. Sign back up under a proxy, use a new email address that has never been seen before, a new board username, and stay out of fighting for a while.
Big Stevo

Post by Big Stevo »

iastaff wrote:Its kind of common knowledge how its done. Sign back up under a proxy, use a new email address that has never been seen before, a new board username, and stay out of fighting for a while.
Did I say I was fighting?
StrongArmingEvil

Post by StrongArmingEvil »

iastaff wrote:Its kind of common knowledge how its done. Sign back up under a proxy, use a new email address that has never been seen before, a new board username, and stay out of fighting for a while.
I wish it were that easy. The site recognized the proxy when I tried this.
Big Stevo

Post by Big Stevo »

StrongArmingEvil wrote:
I wish it were that easy. The site recognized the proxy when I tried this.
Sorry it didn't work for you. What exactly happened when you tried to rejoin the site? Did you get an error message telling you were still banned? That your new I.P. address was banned? I haven't tried what you just did, I'm going to let the dust settle for a month or two then try to rejoin my site which permanently so their message said banned my I.P. address.