rbl.cluecentral.net

Post your questions about DNS based blacklists, what they are, listing status, and removal help.
alexdis

rbl.cluecentral.net

Post by alexdis »

Hi,

Recently we got added to the satos.rbl.cluecentral.net and rbl.cluecentral.net lists on whatismyipaddress.com's ip blacklist.

After a bit of digging around it appears that since the 21st January, the RBL operators have ceased operating the Blacklist.

MXToolBox have removed this list from their blacklist checks, so I've got 3 questions about this...

How did we get on their list if they haven't been operational for almost 6 months?

How would we get removed?

Will whatismyipaddress.com be removing them from their blacklist 'list'?

many thanks,
Alex
Chrispcritters
Forum Administrator

Re: rbl.cluecentral.net

Post by Chrispcritters »

It is not unusual when a blacklist goes offline for them to set every IP address as listed as a way to "encourage" those using the blacklist to remove it from their checks. Any mail administrator using them will be bouncing or flagging all their incoming mail as spam if they are using it. If you are not seeing any delivery problems I wouldn't worry about it. We're currently in the process of overhauling our blacklist check process and will be removing defunct blacklists at that time.
Founder & CEO of WhatIsMyIPAddress.com.
You can follow me on Twitter and Facebook for some behind the scenes info.